The following are expected of every member of the church
1. A person testimony of your salvation in Christ
(Acts 4:12, Rom 10:9)
2. Your acknowledgment of, and obedience to the order and officers of the church: Apostles, Elders, Deacons and Deaconesses. (Heb 13:17, Eph 4:11, 1cor 12:28)
3. Your presence in the meeting of the church and abiding in full communion, that is, not to absence yourself more than three times from communion without sufficient reason given for your absence. (Heb 10:25)
4. Your conformity with the fundamental doctrine of the church, as well as with the two
Baptism by immersion and the lord supper.
(2 john 1:9, Rom 6:17, Luke 22:19. 1cor 11:24)
5. That you contribute towards the support of the cause as taught unto us in the word of God.
(Gen 14:20, 22 28, Lev 27:30, 1 chro 29:14, 1 cor 16:1-2, Matt 23, Heb 7:8-17)
6. That you keep the counsel of the church within the church. (matt 7:6)
7. That you pray for and help every member, remembering that we are joint member in the body of
(Heb 10:24, 1cor 12:25-26, 1 tim 2:1, gal 6:2)
8. "Endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph 4:3)
Every member of the church is expected to have knowledge of the following and believe them.
1. The unity of God head and the trinity of the person therein.
2. The utter depravity of human nature, the necessity for repentance and regeneration, and the eternal doom of finally impenitent.
3. The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and abiding intercession of our lord Jesus Christ, his second coming and millennial reign on earth.
4. Justification and santification of the believer through the finished work of christ.
5. The baptism of the Holy Ghost for believer with signs following
6. The nine gift of the Holy Ghost for the edification, exortation and comfort of the church, which is the body of christ.
7. The sacraments of baptism by immersion, and of the Lord's supper.
8. The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Scripture.
9. church goverment by Apostles, Prophets, Evangelist, Pastor, Teachers, Elders, Deacons and Deaconesses.
10. The possibility of falling from grace
11. The obligatory nature of tithes and offerings
12. Divine healing through obedience to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ and faith in His Name and merit of his Blood for all sickness, disease and infirmities.
1. Never come to the house of the lord without praying before coming (matt 6:6, Eph 6:18)
2. Be in your seat at the commencement of the service, you will thus be good example to those who are late and slothful. (Gen 22:3, psa 108:2, prov 8:17, song of Solomon 7:12-13)
3. Bring your children with you to the house of God relative and servant also have soul,
it is your duty and privilege to take care of them. (matt 19:14, Ex 20:10, Acts 10:24, john 1:41-45, Gen 18:19)
4. Make the pastor your passonal friend, His sympathy, support and counsel are needed by you constantly pray for him. (1 Thess 2:7, joel 2:17, mal 2:7, Rom 15:30, 2 cor 1:11, Eph 6:19, Heb 13:17)
5. Make the church your spiritual home. (Acts 2:46-47)
6. When conversing at leisure, never speak disrespectfully or criticisingly of God servant or their
in the presence of your children. if you sow the wing, you may expect to reap whirlwind.
(Gen 6:7, Pro 22:8, Hos 8:7)
7. Take your bible with you to the house of God.
(ps 1:2, 119:16, 72, Rom 15:14, 2Tim 3:16-17
8. Enter reverently, pray fervently, listen attentively, give praise from grateful heart and worship God in the beauty of his holiness. >(ps 118:27-29, Eccl 5:1, Rom 12:11, James 1:19) "Enter into his gate with thanksgiving and into his court with praise, be thankful unto him and bless his name"(ps 100:4)